Wednesday, December 23, 2009

In-Laws


12-23-09 Hunt @ JN Creek

Old Joke: What's the difference between in-laws and outlaws?

A: Outlaws are WANTED!

Ok, I admit, as in-laws go, I have the best.

As evidence, I submit the Hamiltons who are absolutely great people. They define what America is all about. Very close-knit family that takes care of each other.

I say this because I just took my most recent in-law on a 24 hr hunting trip. This would be my new bro-in-law, Derek Prosser. We headed out yesterday and indulged in way way way too much drinking, eating and fortunately PLENTY of shooting. The menu included a bbq rib dinner, beers-o-plenty followed by Makers Mark brown water, massive breakfast burritos and a cornbread and grilled pork chop lunch. 39 ducks and a single Canada goose fell this morning at JN Creek. Derek fit right in and I gave him my most treasured first shotgun to use: my 1995 Remington 870 Express 12 ga magnum....the most popular pump shotgun ever. He's a great match for my sister and pretty great in-law.....even if he's an attorney and Michigan fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment