Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Dark Side.......


Ok.....I admit it. I have been a Windows PC customer since roughly 1990. I (like you) have paid for more copies of Windows (Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME--disaster!, Windows 2000, Windows XP and now Windows 7) as well as untold copies of Microsoft Office. I think I can count at least 11 Microsoft PC's owned by our family in 17 years. It would be fair to say we are responsible for roughly 10% of Bill & Melinda Gates immense wealth.


So it is with a bit of shock and remorse that I fully admit I am considering joining the DARK SIDE........yes, you guessed it:


APPLE


In a world where customer service and simplicity effectively DON'T exist, Apple has bucked the trend.


I say all of this because I have visited the Apple Store twice and I am convinced. They SERVE you, EDUCATE you, and actually make talking computers easy.


Think about their products: iPod, Mac, iTunes, and the dominating iPhone. Try to find a problem with any.


I bought an Apple Airport Extreme router and 2 Airport Express range expanders. Now my iTunes play on ANY stereo in our house, I can share my iTunes library accross all 4 pc's in the house and our network is 3X FASTER! Moreover, it was simple!


Next decision: is our next computer going to be a Macbook or Mac Desktop?


Dell, HP & IBM better check their rear view mirror. Those blinking headlights are Apple getting ready to pass you.

No comments:

Post a Comment