Thursday, June 18, 2009

Go Go Speed Racer!!!!!




Stacey posted.....so most of you that know me, know I have to have the last word!








By my nature and as a small part of my profession, I am supposed to be a contrarian----going against the flow when it's appropriate.








So while we are only 22 days from summer Captiva vacation, I am already looking forward to what I hope will be an annual early spring ski trip to the mountains......and usually when I start planning, I start spending........right Stacey?








So through the miracle of Craigslist, I purchased what I think was a really nice pair of all-mountain skis. Stacey introduced my to Colorado skiing in 1992 and I've been hooked ever since. Last March we all skied Winter Park and I think we'll make this an annual trip as the kids had a great time. At Winter Park I took the time to demo 4 pairs of different skis based on my ability level (which is slightly above just average), and really really liked they speed, turn and performance of some 170 Salomon X-Wing Tornados. Remember, when most of us started skiing, the technology that exists today (shaped skis) didnt exists. And for those of you that don't know, buying the 2008 models in 2009 can get you a roughly 70% discount.




So I'll have to let you know how my new-used 170 Volkl AC30 skis perform next season!!!! Can't wait to let them loose at Breckenridge, Vail or Keystone!!!!


And as a side note-----if you are anywhere near Frisco, TX, check these guys out. The owners Gil & Rick are the best. http://www.skifriscosports.com/



1 comment:

  1. I have a craigslist addition - sold a ton of stuff on there, bought two bikes recently. Yard sale, without the hassles of the yard part.

    ReplyDelete